Happy Anniversary to the Moog Subharmonicon! May 12, 2020 you created a future classic synth. This is a happy, plucky patch that can give you ideas for the little sparkly things you can add to your tracks with this beast of an instrument.
- Tune the knobs, duh. But, as this is a +/-5 octave patch, it can be tough. Just tune each step to your liking on a pleasant chord with only the VCO 1 Level audible. Turning everything else down will make your life easier.
- RHYTHM 1 and RHYTHM 2 are set so that SEQUENCER 1 runs at 4x the speed of SEQUENCER 2, easiest to find by setting RHYTHM 2 all the way anti-clockwise first.
- Patch SEQ 2 OUT to VCO 1 IN. This is a great patch to keep in your pocket to increase the step count of your sequencer with the Subharmonicon. We're using SEQ 2 to influence VCO 1 which effectively gives us 16 steps instead of 4.
- Patch VCA OUT to VCO 1 PWM. You can play with the patch bay on this one, it just adds a little bit of flavor.
- Play All. The. Knobs.
- Use reverb sparingly and bring this instrument in to your mix to add another dimension.
- MOOG WE LOVE YOU FOR CREATING THE SUBHARMONICON.